Sunday, May 10, 2020

Sweet Rain

Solitary Tree Stands Firmly In A Foggy Field After An Early Evening Rain Shower - Square Photograph by Angela Rath

Sweet rain,
Sour rain,
Bitter rain,
You came like
the first rain in October
falling quietly upon garden of words,
leaving traces behind for me to follow.
Will I ever get to you?

So I followed
a path to a place
where rain never seemed to cease.
I walked,
and I walked,
and I walked,
and I fell
in the abyss of solitude,
drowned in a longing
of a voice that sounded
like joy and tears.
And it was the most beautiful voice
for loneliness dissipated, when rain fell and called my name.

Sweet rain,
Sour rain,
Bitter rain,
Everytime I wake up
I pray it will be rain
So I know,
I am not alone
And wherever I am,
you are here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment